Mountain In The Hallway

Mountain In The Hallway
Words and artwork by Tate MacDowell

A walk within fluorescent caves
All alone, scared but brave.
At the end a mountain hung 
Reluctant Journey just begun


As I walked 
a man would follow
All in black 
His hood was hollow

I lost him once
But it was felt
To stop the man
I hurt myself


The path I took
I can’t recall
Focus set 
beyond the Hall 

No where to run
I tried to flee
To poison him 
I poisoned me


Locked and loaded
with no guns
I shot the man 
With many suns 

Finally I reached the wall
The mountain and I standing tall
I could touch it, feel it, see
Through the mount, reflected me.


From his hood
These words did spout 
“What truth be found 
atop this route?”


To which I smiled
Though I hadn’t yet done it, 
Turned and said
“I am the summit”



Comments

  1. Beautifully written and illustrated, can definitely feel it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts