Welcome to the new site!

Hello there and welcome to my new blog! This feels like a better way to communicate and update friends and family on everything going on in our lives from fun stuff like family fun and travel to the not so fun stuff like cancer treatments. 

I did the Caringbridge thing for two years, but that felt like it was only appropriate to share health updates and so it was difficult for me to get excited about writing anything. I have a company blog, but that seems like a bad place to share my cancer updates and facebook/social media are swarming with algorithms that I don't particularly agree with. 

Quick update on the new immunotherapy. I haven't experienced any side effects and I have lots of energy! I've been riding my bike, jogging, surfing and playing with Wilson in almost full capacity! I have been feeling significant pain in my left shoulder where there's a tumor in my clavicle, which has me a little concerned. It's still early on in the treatment and the hope is that I'll be able to notice the pain diminish and take it as a sign that the therapy is working. But, if it's not going away after a few weeks, I'll probably have it radiated or possibly treated with focused ultrasound. I might as well pluck off whatever cancer I can and chalk up a win.

Summer is in full swing here and we had a great Fourth of July week! Wilson is a surfing maniac and spends close to three or four hours surfing everyday. There's no keeping up with the boy. We just have to keep handing him off to other people so we can take a break. 


This new blog has a donate button, but please don't feel the need to donate! However, if you do, I assure you it will go toward medical bills.

Comments

  1. That video makes my heart sing! Love you surfers large and small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tate. I am a volunteer for the Huntsman Cancer Center Infusion Clinic in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have witnessed the devastating affect of colon cancer for the last 18 years. If you have any questions let me know. Right now there is a patient that has stage 4 colon cancer. He is only 30 years old. I will notify him of this website. Your strong will to live is a testament and example for others. I am with you, Tate. Along with millions of others that have/and are fight it today. Sincerely, Brent V. Marrott

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts